Archived Computers, machines and riding some pigs

Hello, I've been playing minecraft for a while now and went back to the terasology forums to look how it's going with the game. ;)

There's a compmuter mod for Minecraft called ComputerCraft :D and I wonder if we could add something like that in... beta maybe? I'm kind of new to modding so I haven't tried yet :unsure: , but it looks great. I don't know if this will be good with the worlds style, so maybe it should be a mod, I don't really know, maybe we shouldn't think of it at all :( .

Another thing is riding :D . This would be cool. Maybe diffrent animals should be more or less controllable when riding one?
Example: We try to ride a zombie, nothing happens other than the zombie starts to attack you. We try to rida a pig, but the pig doesn't care of where you wanna go, so it's just walking around by itself with you "riding" it. We try to ride a horse, and the horse will do most of the commands you give it.

And now for another idea. It would be cool if we could have something similar to Minecraft's redstone. and components to it.

What do you think?

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Computer stuff would be a mod, yeah, and would certainly be welcome down the road :)

Riding stuff might be more central, but probably won't happen for a while either. Unless somebody wants to get that one pony Blender in-game already ;)

Redstone - we're not going to clone, but I do expect we'll get a system of mechanics, maybe steam-based to go with some of the initial flavor stuff over in the World Theme thread. Again tho, anybody is welcome to add anything via mods.

And moddability is getting pretty close :)

Redstone - we're not going to clone
No, not exactly redstone, but it would be good with something that's a bit like it.

EDIT:
Computer stuff would be a mod, yeah, and would certainly be welcome down the road
By the way, there could be good with a "basic mode", where you can "program" or run the "computer" in a easy way, and an "advanced mode" where you can "program" and run the "computer" in a more scripting-like way to have more functions.

ironchefpython

Contributor
Architecture
Cervator said:
maybe steam-based to go with some of the initial flavor stuff over in the World Theme thread.
I agree. Rather than Redstone, I'm envisioning using gears for logic, and steam to transmit power, and axles to apply it to devices.

In terms of gameplay, you would place a line of mechanisms from a switch to a machine (or turn it on and off), and place an axle from an engine to a machine to give it power. And a machine could be anything from a minecart accelerator or mineshaft elevator, to a drilling machine.

Note to self... make minecart accelerators, elevators, and drilling machines.

In terms of gameplay, you would place a line of mechanisms from a switch to a machine (or turn it on and off), and place an axle from an engine to a machine to give it power.
Well, to me that sounds like placing a line of machines to power a machine. I don't think I'm right on that one, even if I'm thinking of wireless power transfering machines/components too.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
The reference to "mechanism" may be from Dwarf Fortress, where it essentially meant "connector" - that could itself be an assortment of things