Crashes

metouto

Contributor
Art
I have been inspired by woodspeople to try to build a little scenic house by the sea but ....

1) It is hard to find any good sized flatland. there is flatland per say but it goes down in steps of block size and you have to fill in or "axe / pick" it out.

2) no islands or none I can find to build a little scenic house by the sea on.

3) My biggest problem (after trying MANY times) is that after I am filling/digging out space for about 5mins then the program crashes and no world is saved (should it not save ever so often). That is not a problem the first 3 or 4 time .... you just try again but after about 20 of these one get a "little" frazzled.

Now... this is what I have ....

any thoughts :cry:

Attachments

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
On first glance I wonder if that's the memory issue we've seen occasionally for a little while now - https://github.com/MovingBlocks/Terasology/issues/231

If so, we might need to get that fixed to solve your crashes. They only started relatively recently, I'm guessing?

There may be a way to run the game with settings to help the memory issue, but I'd need a chance to test that out (tonight)

And yeah, that sort of crash will leave no saved world

As for finding some flat land - try to find a "PLAINS" biome (the debug text you get with F3 should tell you what biome you're in) - might have to fly around a fair bit of teleport to look for one (or create new worlds), the current biomes seem very large and some types can hide for a long time. I didn't see a desert myself until just recently :)

metouto

Contributor
Art
You are right Cervator, it just started this last update ... but I had not been building much before that (except my tree house which is now gone :cry: )

And you are right I am leaning towards the memory issue also ;)

I have found a place to build and am trying once more :D

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
If you keep crashing then a workaround might be simply returning to the main menu every few minutes, forcing the world to save :)

begla

Project Founder and Lead Developer
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
Cervator said:
If you keep crashing then a workaround might be simply returning to the main menu every few minutes, forcing the world to save :)
And we'll be working on a real strategy for saving the world later on... :D