Disabled Applet support

begla

Project Founder and Lead Developer
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
I've disabled the AppletSupport in the develop branch for the time being. It was just too annoying to watch out for both versions to work correctly since the Applet needed some separate tweaks to run on the different platforms. This became super annoying since Groovy made its way into the develop branch. We can resume Applet support later on (maybe maintained in a different branch).

I've moved the Groovy-Scrips to a folder structure outside the .jar file (that's what made maintaining the applet really annoying) so users can easily add plugins or e.g. modify the block script. Plugins are now dynamically loaded from the directory btw. (no more extra code needed for that). :ugeek:

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Cool on the Groovy stuff. Master branch still runs the applet code that is playable via the blog? While I think it is fine to not bother with the applet until we re-stabilize the dev branch, I think it is definitely still a huge plus to be able to have the playable applet around :)

begla

Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
Cervator said:
Cool on the Groovy stuff. Master branch still runs the applet code that is playable via the blog? While I think it is fine to not bother with the applet until we re-stabilize the dev branch, I think it is definitely still a huge plus to be able to have the playable applet around :)
Hm. I'll create a separate branch for the applet and to create the actual applet on my server. Will be an older version, but... Should be enough. :)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Yeah I hadn't actually realized when I wrote that that the applet had already been disabled. Noticed that when I was sending a coworker the blog link so he could check out the applet, hehe.

A permanent branch for the applet is probably a good idea. Update it once in a while.

begla

Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
Cervator said:
Yeah I hadn't actually realized when I wrote that that the applet had already been disabled. Noticed that when I was sending a coworker the blog link so he could check out the applet, hehe.

A permanent branch for the applet is probably a good idea. Update it once in a while.
Will do so. Currently working on fancy L-System based trees and some overall optimizations. This will be a proof of concept for artifical lifeforms later on. :D

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Awesome! Looks like a neato topic