Dist configuration file /groovy/config/Default.groovy

rapodaca

Contributor
I'm interested in the file included in the dist configuration file:

/groovy/config/Default.groovy

There's nothing there right now except some comments. Is this file functional? If so, how would I take this line from src/org/terasology/logic/manager/DefaultConfig.groovy:

config.put("Graphics.enablePostProcessingEffects", false)

and place it into the Default.groovy file.

Even better would be to have the line commented out and ready to use for us Mac folk who need it.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I temporarily moved it into the source tree so the applet would work. That Default.groovy is just a placeholder for the moment.

The idea is that we'll keep the default within the source tree, then clone it to the external file and/or use an options UI so the user can easily make modifications.

Adeon is working on some UI stuff at the moment that may lead to some options down the road, but we still need a good strategy on the internal/external split as that's also planned for other stuff like blocks.

There again we only have the internal copies right now, and need a process to check the external dir for any overrides or addon blocks the game should load on startup :)

Kai Kratz

Witch Doctor
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
I am currently having a look at the configuration. Right now I would like to split them up into several config files (Graphics / WorldGen / Player / etc... ) and add different enviroments (settings that differ from the default values). Ill Post here when I had a closer look and did some experimentation.
(see branch fix_for_config on my fork)

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps