;(

Attachments

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hi @Love_Craft and thanks for checking in :)

Hmm, the logs looks pretty decent, your system is a laptop I take it, with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470. Being from 2010 that's not too old and it beats the usual Intel graphics in any case. You run the game and the main menu loads but gives you a black screen.

Usually we have more clues but that just makes the mystery more challenging to solve! :D

If you're up for it take a look at the game config file, which should have generated at C:\Users\Yousef\Saved Games\Terasology\config.cfg

Normally we'd suggest looking at the "rendering" section and switching everything "true" there to "false" then try launching again - but you're not even getting the main menu. Maybe try switching "fullscreen" to "true" and see if that helps any? Keeping in mind you might have to kill the process if it still loads up entirely black.

Did you use our launcher to grab the version of the game you ran? If so can you try the latest developer version and see if it works the same way? You can also get that from our Jenkins server.

Have you ever tried running the game before? Is there anything world related in the Terasology dir under Saved Games? Does Minecraft work on that laptop? :)

Let us know! Would be nice to figure this one out.

Love_Craft

Thank you @Cervator for the friendly support ^__^, I downloaded the whole 64mb zip file(Terasology.zip) and extracted it
changed the
"fullscreen": false,
to
"fullscreen": true,
but still same problem
This is the first time I run this game, and I have been playing Minecraft for a long time, Minecraft version 1.6 to version 1.8.1 works fine in my labtop and has never crashed, I am playing it right now :D
and now I have downloaded the 40Mb lucher but still the smae problem, I get a blank menu ;(

Last edited:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hmm, tricky! Still not a whole lot to go on :)

Maybe we need to get you a debug build with some more logging enabled. Perhaps if you have some time over the weekend you could hop on IRC to talk with us live? What time zone are you in and are any times of day better for you?

timagn

I had same problem at first with my archaic graphics card. New drivers fixed it though.

Perhaps the game should load first with minimal video settings for better compatibility.

Love_Craft

Hmm, tricky! Still not a whole lot to go on :)

Maybe we need to get you a debug build with some more logging enabled. Perhaps if you have some time over the weekend you could hop on IRC to talk with us live? What time zone are you in and are any times of day better for you?
hmm, I have no problem doing that, I am +3 GMT and can stay online 4 hours from the time of this submission of this post
I had same problem at first with my archaic graphics card. New drivers fixed it though.

Perhaps the game should load first with minimal video settings for better compatibility.
I don't think that is the problem because the menu it self did not load probably, but if you think it might work, please upload your config file so that I replace mine with it.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
If you want to try lower graphic settings (and yeah I figure with it being the menu it wouldn't matter) you can try just replacing all the "true" entries with "false" in the "rendering" section. That gets most of them.

Saturday we have a couple office hour blocks, the early one starts one hour from this post, might be a good time to aim for :)

In general: yeah the game isn't super compatible with older cards (especially laptop cards) yet. There are some improvements to be made there one day.

Florian

Contributor
Architecture
I noticed "22:59:25.262 [main] WARN o.t.engine.internal.TimeBase - Delta too great (189424806), capping to 1000"

The delta is absudly large. How long did you have the window open?

Maybe the game wrongly assumes that it needs to simulate a very long time.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
That delta is pretty weird, actually.

Code:
22:59:24.210 [main] INFO  o.terasology.engine.TerasologyEngine - Initialization completed in 5.93sec.
22:59:25.262 [main] WARN  o.t.engine.internal.TimeBase - Delta too great (189424806), capping to 1000
22:59:26.615 [main] INFO  o.terasology.engine.TerasologyEngine - Shutting down Terasology...
On startup here:

Code:
21:02:49.737 [main] INFO  o.terasology.engine.TerasologyEngine - Initialization completed in 12.71sec.
21:02:51.766 [main] WARN  o.t.engine.internal.TimeBase - Delta too great (9230698), capping to 1000
21:03:08.154 [main] INFO  o.terasology.engine.TerasologyEngine - Shutting down Terasology...
Another couple ideas then:
  1. Try moving all the modules (except Core) out from /modules in the game install dir (to somewhere temporary) - any change? Updated log?
  2. Try a older build like #41 or even #32