Evil Empire

metouto

Contributor
Art
Cervator and I were talking in a chat awhile back about Destination Sol ...... since I did not have anything right now to do in Terasology he ask about maybe developing an "evil empire" along the lines of the "imperial ships" that already have a home in Destination Sol. So I came up with these ships and things .....

1. A = an Evil Spaceship
  2. B = an Evil Spacetruck
  3. C = an Evil Right Wing Spaceship
  4. D = an Evil Lift Wing Spaceship
  5. E = an attempt to combine C & D to come up with another spaceship (but the size was wrong)
At the moment I am working on a Space Station but it is bigger with more detail so it is taking me a little longer to get done.

Now it is your turn to tell me what you all think about what I have done. Is it good/bad/needs fixed/other ..... give me your best comments so they can be the best "Evil Empire" ..... thanks for your input ....it matters to me :coffee:

Last edited:

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Evil space truck ftw! Thanks for these, they're great :)

Only question/comment I have is about the green ... canopy I guess? If that's what it is meant to be - the glass over the pilot's area.

On the truck it looks great as the transition is very smooth. It is the same three shades as the others, but they're closer so it is less distinct. Maybe try out how it would look with the three shades of green blended more, somehow? Could perhaps be as little as not having the sharp black border between the shades.

That's minor though and not necessarily an improvement. I am mostly wondering how it might look :)

The small ship is fine, different sizes are OK we want there to be a range of ships. The small one would probably be an earlier and cheaper ship.

metouto

Contributor
Art

Yes, you have guessed correctly Cervator the "green glass or canopy " is where the pilot's are seating.

The above 4 spaceships now show the canopy with three shades of green blended together more .... with the black color taken out. I do believe that it is a better picture than the ones in the 1st post with the 3 shades of green separated w/black boarders. :coffee:

metouto

Contributor
Art
OK here is the big one .........

........ this is the "Evil Station" where all the Evil Spaceships, Evil Spacetrucks, Evil Right Wing Spaceships, Evil Lift Wing Spaceship ( :cautious: if we use them :cautious:), and the Evil Double Winged Fighters come from ..... So let me know what you think :coffee:

Cervator ..... Let me know if there is something I have not created for the "Evil Empire" that we had talked about ..... I do believe this was all :barefoot: ...... If this was all let me know where you would like me to go from here ...... :ninja: I am "Lost in Space" and my coffee cup need refilled ;)

Last edited:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Very nice! I hadn't even thought about how big that one is. I was thinking structures in general without having thought about file names :D

Yep there are a few more. Look for the turrets. There is a pretty good selection, some on planets some in space. On top of that there is a "Drome" structure that's like a neutral trading post.

It gets more challenging there though! I don't think reskins alone would do it there as we are sort of out of imperial ships. Take a look at how different the desert, tech, pirate, and miner structures look. How would something similar look for the dark/evil empire?

Since we have an evil empire space dock, there could totally be an evil trading station. The beginnings of a playable faction you can join, maybe :D

You could also think of another entirely new faction. For instance one option I was thinking of was a fantastically colored set of space adventure type ships that could be neutral, mostly just off adventuring on their own, but maybe the player could either offend them or gain them as allies. Their ships would probably be very individually unique, weird, unexpected, etc. Space Dandy for some reason comes to mind, like their main ship. Fair warning though, there are some pretty differently weird things in that show ;)

metouto

Contributor
Art
Lookin' good metouto. I was wondering, do you also do development?
Hi theotherjay, :) I'm not sure what you mean by development but at this stage I'm just a art person doing what I can for Terasology or whatever Cervator thinks I'm able to do :sneaky: .

Ok Cervator .... some great ideas there :rolleyes: ..... let me see what I can do with them :coffee:

metouto

Contributor
Art
Well here I am again ..... the Evil Empire needed a drome.png and this is what I came up with after fretting over it for
a week :confused: .....

.... As one can see it is not to scary (maybe it is scary inside:speechless:) but one thing is for sure it could use some upkeep. As always you are free to help with suggestions / comments / other feelings ..... :coffee:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Not bad, evil people have to feel welcome too :D

Suggestions: Put a landing pad on the roof like the original drome image, you can even reuse the same arrows to point out where the player lands. Maybe add some decorations to the top corners, they are a little barren. Maybe add a small tower / turret area on the top right then put the landing pad on the top left? And antennas. Can never have enough antennas! Well, okay, you can. But a couple wouldn't hurt :cool:

metouto

Contributor
Art
New and updated version ......

...... lots better to me what do you think ???

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hi @Crimson. I already responded on Steam, but in short we need more exact details and instructions to be able to help. That file is one piece of the puzzle but what are you trying to do? Comparing it to the imperialBig ship it just looks like you've tried to change around the gunslots some. But that doesn't help much without knowing what you're wanting to do.

The guide on Steam goes through it pretty well, but may not cover everything.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Also whats with the game rejecting any changes to the ship properties.
I don't know, it doesn't happen to me, thus the desire for more details on exactly what you do to cause that :)

What program do you have the files open in? Exactly what file do you change in what location? And so on.

More ships would be great, those two look nice and would be part of some new faction since the dark empire already have a style and several assets. Try to get one of them working in-game as per the Steam guide. Then we can move forward and try to create a new faction for them.

Crimson

That may be a little difficult on getting models for the ships using the species editor. I for some odd reason cannot run it. It immediately closes. My security and everything are saying it is fine but the permissions says it is denied.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hi @ererbe :)

Kinda. We have merged in the initial Gestalt integration which has been our focus. @SigmaOne recently joined in and made a couple new ships already. @vampcat is working DestSol over the summer while paid to do so by Google, intending to improve the ease of adding ships. So that should be easier soon, unsure if Sigma or somebody else will get to these concepts sooner or later. It would be nice to have more solar systems, factions, or something else, to make the new ships actually matter more than just different appearances.

vampcat

Bug Hunter Extraordinaire
Contributor
Whaaaa, how did I forget these gems?

I'll add them to the game very soon. With some particles, these should look amazing.