Archived Forum section for showing off?

nodots

We should have a section here just for the purpose of showing off screenshots! (And a checkbox for the photo's saying whether we agree you can use it for ads and whatnot...)

I figure that since this isn't a coding request, it should be fast, cheap, and easy - if the admins agree. ;)

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
A "Showcase" forum could be an idea, yeah, hadn't thought too much of that before since we still have a pretty limited user base. Maybe it is time, indeed :)

I've got other forum todos floating around, will add this idea to it and try to get to it soon - thanks!

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Good idea, nodots!

Cervator, hopefully your list includes more on mods ;) We should be ready to guide new users to mods and such, especially when we do extensive "out sourcing". German forum is quite fine for that, with links to terasologymods.net. Can you include that in a similar way?

nodots

I was thinking that uploaded pics would have a checkbox for "terasology may use this for advertising and/or splash screen" or something like that...
Also, the ability to easily link youtube vids of our work would be awesome too. I know it's already easy, but encourage people to use that section to post them. ;)

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Yeah spinning up a "Modding Forum" is one of the items on that list and we may have enough modding activity to justify that too now :)

There's a general media plugin available for Xenforo that may make video posting nicer, although I'll have to review it to remember how much nicer.

Custom check boxes might be a bit more work, we need a full fledged webmaster already :D

Immortius

Lead Software Architect
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
I wonder what the legals are around screenshots. They probably count as derived works (of the game), so I'm not even sure we technically need to be given permission to use them (same logic that lets Ubisoft take down youtube videos of people playing their games).

The forum terms and conditions also cover some reuse of uploaded content too.