Game-Review needed for online Magazine

dei

Java Priest
Contributor
Design
Art
The Ubuntu Magazine Full Circle (Rather techie audience) is looking for a new redactor for their Ubuntu Games section (or at least for an article). Would that be something to make publicity for new contributers? Or is it to early? Someone would like to write something?

The Email I recieved:
"Unfortunately Riku (who writes one of the Ubuntu Games articles) has had to resign due to having to work on his thesis. If anyone out there in FCM-land would like to write a column about Linux games each month, drop an email to:
ronnie@fullcirclemagazine.org

HINT: if you think you can have something writing within a couple of days (ie: FCM#62 deadline) then that'd be an advantage. You need to have decent English skills and be OK with using Google Docs.
All the best!Ronnie
"

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I think we're getting to a more comfortable point when it comes with publicity - we actually have a few small implemented bits and pieces of functionality that differs from MC, tho it can be a little tricky to get to / notice (console commands to get chests / bookcases / potions). Other than the railgun, anyway, that one always sticks out :)

There still isn't really a solid game to actually play, there's always more stuff around the corner to wait for to make everything look better. But maybe for a techie-focused article we can focus on some of the tech beyond the meager gameplay.

I won't personally have time for anything serious like that, but writing up more "about" stuff on the game is high on my list. In the meanwhile woodspeople has been putting a lot of good material in the wiki

Incidentally SuperSnark might be a good resource as he is/was involved with something similar on the author side of things :)

woodspeople

Contributor
Design
Tried to add wiki page on "building stuff" but stymied on blueprint tool being apparently unavailable? Please advise. Not in "giveItem" list. Wanted to highlight!

Publicity too early can be dangerous ... you only get one first impression ...

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
blueprint tool? is it back already?

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Naw, it isn't back. Not really much to write on building stuff yet. And yes, it's still early for publicity, I certainly would like to have more stuff in-game first, tho we have leaked a fair bit here and there as it is :)