GSoC Proposal: Health Module

e-aakash

Contributor
Hi.

I have written GSoC Proposal on pulling out Health logic from Core and making a module for it, with some added extensiblity.
Please feel free to provide your valuable feedback

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Checked on it again! And .. I really have no feedback left after the last few rounds via proposal and chat. Looks good to me, great work! Especially happy that the testing focus made it in, along with Pools. Really at this point I'd just focus on throwing some bits of related code on GitHub to raise our confidence level further yet :thumbsup:

One potential extra that would be nice would be thorough dev-style documentation / tutorial pieces to help other authors use the systems in the future. Since the involved systems are relatively well-encapsulated I'd like to think that'd be doable at a nice quality level without a huge amount of effort. A few nice diagrams (nice hand-written one in the proposal, hehe), good javadoc, and a quick intro like the Add Dice Chapter in the Asset Tutorial

e-aakash

Contributor
Thanks for the feedback!
Will try to add any additional technical details, if possible.

One potential extra that would be nice would be thorough dev-style documentation / tutorial pieces to help other authors use the systems in the future. Since the involved systems are relatively well-encapsulated I'd like to think that'd be doable at a nice quality level without a huge amount of effort. A few nice diagrams (nice hand-written one in the proposal, hehe), good javadoc, and a quick intro like the Add Dice Chapter in the Asset Tutorial
Are you suggesting these as stretch goals or as part of the main Project itself?

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Sorry for not catching your comment sooner: sort of an in-between. If you feel like you have space in the main project this would be a very nice item to add, but if not it could simply be an easily achievable stretch goal :)