Figured I might as well finally get around to writing up an intro.
- Name: Tyler 'Cata' Thompson
- Social: GitHub:https://github.com/ThompsonTyler. E-Mail:email@example.com
- From: United States (Travel around based on at school or home), currently a junior at Cornell University in New York studying both Computer Science and Game Design, home is in Illinois though.
- Skills / Tools: I started off programming 10+ years ago(very young) with C++, but have since learned a lot of languages that would just need be needlessly listed here. Currently now focus mostly on C, Java, and Python. Have a background with a bunch of different tech aspects from school, from game development to machine learning to computer vision to robotics and so on. Currently working on a game for a course that utilizes LibGDX.
- Found via: Google Summer of Code
- Interests: I have a decent background with programming, but most of my interest lies within game design. Current project ideas are focused towards the Exploration World, Light & Shadow, and tools that would assist in their development. Outside of coding I do a lot of rock climbing and used to be somewhat competitive in various games, but not as much anymore.
- Extra: Will be interesting working on anything here because I am used to being more the project lead or coding by myself. But I am ready to learn the new ways things go to get the best opportunity out of being a part of the community here.