Contributor Hello everyone!

xtariq

Contributor
Name: Xavier Tariq
Social: GitHub
Skills/Tools: C, C++, C#, Java, Python.
Found: From the Google Summer of Code list of organizations.
Interests: My main interest is the gameplay systems and how they can interact with each other. I'm particularly interested in improving the physics and anatomy systems, as I can see them opening up many new possibilities for expansions and new modules. For instance, targeting specific body parts and armor pieces, and the development of a full-blown equipment system with modifiers. I'm also interested in designing an RPG-like combat system module with stat/ability modifiers, equipment, elemental attributes, progression, etc. Plus, I have always wanted to work on an open source game.

I feel working on this will be a great learning experience on large projects. My Github account doesn't really have much activity as most of the projects I've worked on were private or used alternate services. I'm quite comfortable with writing Java code (worked with a team to develop a GUI Sudoku game), and have some game design experience from developing two other games.

I look forward to working with some of you. Even if I don't qualify, I think I'll still contribute in some manner in my spare time.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hey @xtariq we met briefly on IRC, good to see a welcome post from you as well :)

We definitely need content and combat, anatomy, and RPG is entirely central topics there. Good to have you with us!

Let us know if you hit any trouble setting up to run the game from source then check out the contributor friendly issues on GitHub to find something small to start with, just to get to know the code some :)

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Hi @xtariq and welcome :)

The latest update video of Josharias Survival has some RPG like elements in it, e.g., boosting/leveling spriting, swimming, jumping, etc. You probably want to talk to @Josharias how to get your hands on that topic, help out with some bugfixes, and things like that ;)