Intro Hello Fellow Developers !

Gakarod

My humble regards to everyone
My name is Vaibhav Anand , I am a GSoC aspirant from New Delhi , India
I am a Java developer with focus in game design and implementation , I have published 3-4 small games hence have an experience with version control (git).
Being a game developer myself , I was highly intrigued by the Terasology Project and hence it is within my skill set to provide my own insight to it.
The Module system in Terasology is my favourite aspect of the project and I would like to work on it.
As far as GSoC goes the project that I would like to focus on is Developing New Sub Game/Game Template as it is the project where I can contribute with
my Java and Game Designing Skills.
As this is my first year here , please help me through this , and guide me with your experience .
Any suggestions will be appreciated
Cheers !

smsunarto

Federal Gooey of Investigation
Art
Logistics
Heya! Welcome @Gakarod. Hop in to our chat at IRC/Discord so we can discuss :D You can talk to me about game designs ;)

Gakarod

Dear Mentors & Developers

This is the first draft of my proposal on Gameplay Expansion of Lost
Proposal
Please review it and provide me your precious feedback ^_^
Cheers!!!

Gakarod

Dear Mentors & fellow Developers
I will be adding some artwork & layout in my next draft ,
also I was wondering if I should explain my features a bit more or explain it in my timeline
please suggest me ^_^
Cheers!!

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hey @Gakarod I went ahead and merged your proposal thread back into your intro thread, this is a better place to talk about it until it becomes big enough for its own Suggestions thread. The Dev Portal is for more general topics :)

I went through and left a bunch of feedback in your proposal. Your overall main challenge is the same as many other students: you're way over scope for what's reasonably doable over a single summer. You could probably cut about 90% of the goals you describe and then it might fit. Not to say you couldn't attempt all of it but then at least most should be moved to stretch goals after the timeline.

Until that is done your proposal lacks a lot of focus as it talks about so many different possibilities with very few actual details per item. So my suggestion is to pick just a few smaller things that you can tie as much to the current Lost content as you can. For instance there is no combat at all in Lost at present, so start by moving out anything related to combat or gear that helps in combat and such. That's not to say that there couldn't be combat against monsters and such, but adding that would be more than enough for an entire GSOC project on its own.

For the few topics or even a single one that you might pick dig into the existing code that relates to better understand how it would and what exactly you'd need to add. That will help you realize just how much effort each item is, and why I'm suggesting you could cut 90% and still have plenty of work for an entire summer :)

Gakarod

Firstly I would like to thank all the developers & mentors for giving such an overwhelming feedback on my first draft . It is such pleasure for me that there is such interests in helping beginners.

Gakarod

Now after understanding the problems and omission in my proposal from the feedback , I have tried to improve and remove some of the vague data and tried to include detailed explanation while cutting short the feasible goals . This is my second draft for Lost expansion - link - Second draft

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Appreciate the update and you hopping on chat earlier for more feedback :)

Looking forward to seeing the next version and/or curious to work with you beyond GSOC in any case

Gakarod

I am more than willing to work with the project on a long term basis . GSoC selection would definitely be my dream come true but , even if that doesn't happens , I am totally down for providing my best efforts , this is all a huge learning experience for me . Thanks for all your support
Cheers ^_^