Contributor Hello from Delft!

AlexanderGrooff

Contributor
Hello everybody! I'm part of the TU Delft Software Architecture organization. Every year many teams of student go out to contribute to open source projects, and this year my team and I started to contribute to Terasology! I am:

• Name: Alexander Grooff
  • Social: Simply @AlexanderGrooff on both GitHub and Twitter :)
  • Skills / Tools: I finished my physics bachelor two years ago, and am now working on my computer science master. I'm native in programming Java, Python, C/C++ and many more.
  • Found via: We found Terasology by reviewing the most active organizations on GitHub, and your contributor-friendly environment appealed to us. I'm an active Minecraft player, and I enjoy both similarities and differences between Minecraft and Terasology.
  • Interests: I like to learn more about open source projects, and have been actively trying to contribute to any remaining open issues. I would like to contribute to something where I can apply both my knowledge of physics and programming.
  • Extra: My team and I have made some contributions already. See PR #2176, #2180, #2181, #2182 and #2183.
I hope that I/we can help out to make Terasology even better! :)

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Welcome! Good to see you in the forum. Have a contributor badge :)

Physics! You should totally apple that to game dev! :D

Curiously, how did we stick out as active on GitHub? I know we're surprisingly high up the list on stars + forks on the Java project list, but still a ways down. Although we did somehow get included in a "Hacking Minecraft" showcase one time :geek: