Intro Hey all! :)

Zhao Wei Liew

Hey all, a new GCI participant here!

My first name is Zhao Wei and my last name is Liew. It is a bit of a mouthful, so I usually stick with my nickname 'zwliew'.

On GitHub and IRC, I use the username 'zwliew'.

I'm from Singapore, a little red dot in Southeast Asia.

I've somewhat worked with Java, C, and C++, but have also touched a little on Python and Bash. I've contributed to the open-source 3rd-party Android OS "CyanogenMod" before, but have never really touched on games before.

After taking a look at the list of organisations participating in GCI, Terasology piqued my interest the most. It seems like a really well-made game, and it's open source! Trying out the game only made me love this even more.

This is a great chance to not only contribute to an open source project I really like and would use, it's also a great chance to pick up some skills in game development, 3D rendering, GUI and the like.

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Hi zwliew and welcome :)

My phone just refused to work yesterday and I was badly cursing at Cyanogenmod. So, the next time you see grumbling about my phone you should make a run before it request you to fix all the things :D Btw, got it working again (still Cyanogen) ;)

That aside, with your background you should be able to find interesting, code-related tasks you can work on. If you have questions, just ask them here or on our IRC channel. We would like to help you get started soon, awaiting your contributions ;)