Intro Hi I'm Chanch

Chanch

Name: Charles Chan
Social: Github, Facebook, Slack
Skills / Tools: Java, C++, C#, python. Experience using Blender
Found via: GSOC 2018 list
Interests: Procedural Generation

Chanch

Extra: I am a college freshman computer science major, currently on my 4th year of doing CS. I enjoy playing Minecraft primarily to play with redstone and enjoy the scenery.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hey there, welcome to the forum, good to see you here in addition to on the GSOC site :)

I just checked and there is a bunch of good feedback in your proposal to take a look at. You might also want to add a bit more here if you can think of something. Like for instance we ask for social references like your actual GitHub username, not that you merely use the service :D No obligation to provide any of them of course.

If you're familiar with Blender that's a useful skill as we're trying hard to improve our 3D game asset pipeline. Would that be something you might be interested in helping with sometime? Not really GSOC related, just in general if you know about it. We have a tutorial but it would be good to have some more people try it out, provide feedback for how the experience went, and help troubleshoot any issues encountered (it seems like some models work better than others). Take a look: https://github.com/Terasology/TutorialAssetSystem/wiki/Installing-Blender-Add-on

We also have some redstone-like circuitry, pipes, rails, and other fun things if you're interested :)