Contributor Hi, I'm Inei1

Inei1

Contributor
  • Name: Inei1
  • Social: Github: https://github.com/Inei1
  • Skills / Tools: Mostly python/C++ but also quite a bit of Java and Android development, among other technical things.
  • Found via: Google Summer of Code
  • Interests: I have played a lot of modded Minecraft, especially tech mods. I made a Minecraft mod a few years ago that adds more ores using the Minecraft modding API. In Unity, I followed a few tutorials on procedural terrain generation.
  • Extra: I am interested in https://github.com/MovingBlocks/Terasology/issues/929 (Mobile server management utility). I like making management utilities and I have made an Android app in the past, so I think it would be a good fit for me.
Also, I am not sure how the facade server works. I can set up the server just fine, but what am I supposed to do to get access to the REST APIs?

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps

Inei1

Contributor
I wrote a proposal draft, and I would like some feedback. Here is the proposal link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13URSmQfsZrdNafHo_-tU0klDMLZSHOdcTfniFu9slvw/edit?usp=sharing

I noticed that there is an AWT facade available for viewing the game in 2D. Do most Android systems have enough power to run something like the AWT facade? Either way, it looks like it hasn't been updated in four years, and it doesn't compile because of how many changes there have been to the Terasology engine. Someone would need to rewrite parts of it to make it usable again. It would be really cool to put something like the AWT facade in, and it might be feasible as a stretch goal.

Shade254

Contributor
Hi there @Inei1 I see you picked up very similar proposal idea for your project as I, if interested you can hit me up on WhatsApp, Telegram (+420 605 125 826) or Messenger(Miroslav Matocha) to work out some some work partition. I see plenty of work around ServerFacade testing, Android frontend, AWT and IRC integration. I think it will be beneficial for both of us and MovingBlocks organization to work together rather than competing for overlapping ideas.
Looking forward to hearing from you :)

Inei1

Contributor
Hello @Shade254,
I would be happy to collaborate with you on the project. Just to let you know, there is already a somewhat working app for the facade server which you can see here.
It still needs a ton of work to be usable though. Anyway, there are multiple people with your name on messenger and I don't know which one you are, so you can contact me at this link: m.me/neil.moon.52035. Keep in mind that since you live in the Czech Republic, you are about 8 hours ahead of my timezone.

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Good to see you two talk about your projects @Inei1 and @Shade254 :)

Keep in mind that you can't work on the same topic together in GSOC. If you find a way to (potentially) split it up into two separate/individual projects you can mention that of course in your proposal so that we can consider chosing either one or both of you. In the end, your proposals might cover the same main aspects, but have a section where you explain how it could potentially be split if both are chosen, and on which part you'll be working in that case.

Shade254

Contributor
Thanks for info @Skaldarnar I kept that in mind and we decided to split project in Fronted and Backend parts and tasks.
I am currently rewriting my project scoped only on React adaptable website and Kotlin native app.
@Inei1 chose to focus on maitenance and developing new features on ServerFacade

Hope this splittage is admissible for GSoC and organisation

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Finally had a chance to read up on this proposal, apologies for taking so long. Left some feedback, looks good. Very impressive to see such solid coordination in splitting up the item, and I'm thrilled to see the AWT facade actually get a mention again, although that's the one main thing that makes me worry a bit about scope :)

It might warm the heart of @mkienenb to know somebody else is thinking about it!

And yeah so long as the items are coordinated enough to be each their own independent project not having a hard dependency on the other then that's fine :) Next up after dinner I'll be reviewing the other related proposal

Inei1

Contributor
Thanks for the recent feedback @gianluca_n and @Cervator to help me refine the proposal. Also thanks to @msteiger for the feedback a week ago that prompted me to rewrite the whole proposal. I have submitted my final proposal although it looks like I can resubmit it before the deadline if I need to change something.

Now on to making some pull requests. I want to see if I can implement whitelist/blacklist functionality into the engine before GSoC coding starts.