Intro Hope I'm not too late!

wc1997

Hi Terasology!

• Name: _Min Hai (Wilson) Cao_
  • Social: _I currently don't have github but I do have an Instagram page for my bunnies @mischoof !_
  • From: _I am from Vancouver, Canada and currently studying Computer Science at the University of British Columbia_
  • Skills / Tools: _ I have worked with Dr.Racket, a very complex yet great learning tool, to develop a through understanding of recursions, references, lists, encapsulation, and more! Current I am working on a Android App, in my Java programming class, that maps the locations of the train stations in London, and produces the arrival times of each train through parsing JSON files and creating objects to display information of an Android app._
  • Found via: _I found Terasology through GSOC!_
  • Interests: _I am an avid gamer, spending countless hours on games like Minecraft, Skyrim, Fallout, League of Legends and more! I've been coding for around half a year now and I absolutely love coding. I enjoy the satisfaction of creating a project and seeing it being used. I am especially interested in improving the particle system by means of creating a hierarchy of usable classes and a system to easily develop future particles. _
I know my chances are slim at getting accepted through GSOC, but if anyone has any recommendations on things to work on that would be great! I definitely see myself contributing to this project regardless of if I get accepted through GSOC.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hi @wc1997 nice to meet you on IRC earlier :)

It isn't too late yet although the proposal period has already started, so not a whole lot of time to prep! Have you set up to run from source yet? Check out the contributor friendly issues list on GitHub for small stuff to start looking at as well as the main GSOC thread for some related details

Have you worked with LWJGL, OpenGL, or any existing particle systems before? GSOC or not we're happy to help people learn :)