Archived How would I improve my FPS?

will0956

I get around 30-40 fps at minimum setting, and would like to get more (60+ fps at medium). I have 6 GB of RAM allocated to the game, and I have 8 GB (want to keep some free for my system)

will0956

Specs:
Intel Core i3-3120m @ 2.50 GHz
8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz RAM
Intel HD Graphics 4000 (display running at 1366x768)
(or you could just google 'Toshiba L855-S5405)

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hi there :)

That's not a bad laptop, although you'll be limited by the Intel graphics. We're not super optimized yet since we're just pre-alpha, and the Intel graphics are notoriously tricky to deal with. I'm actually glad to hear it is working at all! :coffee:

If you check out the game's config file (config.cfg at something like C:\Users\[user]\Saved Games\Terasology by default) there are a few more options in there that aren't exposed in the graphic settings menu in-game. You can try to edit those.

Some of the options not linked to the graphics quality preset can also make a big difference, although it can make the game look bad fast - resolution scaling, for instance.

Mostly a shorter view distance will probably make a big difference. No water reflection might help too.

Play around with the options and let us know if it helps! Check back for more optimizations in the future, although it'll probably be a while for anything substantial.