Implementation Hunger, Thirst & Food

UltimateBudgie

Contributor
Name:
Hunger

Summary:
(This is the re-doing of an old module by the same name, created by Esapetri)

This module is designed to implement Hunger and Thirst systems that must constantly be maintained by an entity. If not taken care of properly, various "de-buffs" are added to the entity (depending on their components).

Scope:
Mod (extra content)

Current Goal:
Succesfully fix the errors that are plaguing my module and not letting anything work :(

Phase:
Implementation (being worked)

Curator:
UltimateBudgie
------------------------------------------------------​
Small Introduction:
So for most of you, I'll definitely a new face so... Hi! Nice to meet you :)
I go by UltimateBudgie around the web, but my real (first) name is Daniel. I'm a 17yr old Aussie who loves coding but also has (other) big plans for life. I was stalking these forums for a bit until I realised that everything was in Java and then I thought: "Hey, I know java!"... So here I am. I think this project is awesome and I'm mega-excited to contribute (I've already done something small).​
Tasks/Plan:
  • All the code is in this repository: https://github.com/Terasology/Hunger
  • Hunger
    • Food level decreases at a constant rate
    • When food is below a certain level, the entity will begin to lose health (if it has the component)
    • When food is above a certain level, the entity will begin to regen health (Which would mean that normal health regen is disabled/altered)
    • MORE IDEAS WELCOME!
  • Thirst
    • Water level decreases at a constant rate
      • Sprinting can make thirst decrease faster
    • When water is below a certain level, the entity loses it's ability to sprint (May even reduce walking speed)
    • Close to full water capacity, it may lead to increased speed/jump height (possibly)
    • Swimming in water increases the water of the entity at a constant rate.
    • MORE IDEAS WELCOME!
  • Food
    • When a Food item is "activated" it will be consumed and can add to food level
    • Possibly allow foods to add to water level too
    • Maybe collecting water in the future (But maybe things like that should be a different module... like buckets)