alg3n0n

but everytime I try to download via launcher it says:

"Unfortunately, the game cannot be downloaded."

What am I doing wrong? What is missing? Please help me. D:

mkalb

Contributor
Logistics
Can you add the log file: TerasologyLauncher.log

Or add some information about launcher version, OS version (windows, linux, ...), java version, game type (stable, nightly), ...

Arne Garbade

Hi folks,

I have the same issue here. Please find the log file attached.

Do I need any privileged access to some directories? Start with sys admin privileges does not help here.

regards

Attachments

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hi Arne Garbade and thanks a lot for the log file! We've hit an issue with the launcher lately and thanks to that log I think I see it

Code:
WARN  240946 - The game version info can not be loaded from the file 'C:\Users\garb_priv\AppData\Roaming\Terasology\STABLE\TerasologyStable\29\Terasology.jar' or 'C:\Users\garb_priv\AppData\Roaming\Terasology\STABLE\TerasologyStable\29\libs\engine.jar'! [SwingWorker-pool-1-thread-1]
At some point engine.jar started having version info appended to the filename, which may well be when I enabled upload of the Core module jar to our Artifactory instance (which matches the time this started happening for the unstable build). Seeing it also hit stable makes that pretty clear. Filename in stable 29 is engine-0.1.0-SNAPSHOT+29.jar

mkalb - I'm pretty sure this is our issue. We just need to have the launcher look for an "engine.*.jar" style pattern or so instead of plain "engine.jar"

Arne Garbade

You are wellcome, guys! One further question. Is there any work around available to fix that localy on my machine? I noticed a seperate download file on the web site. Is that download the same build as the launcher tries to download? If so, then I might be able to play, right?

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Arne Garbade - yep - at any time you can download the builds off GitHub or via Jenkins, but the launcher has a lot of handy utility like updates, customizing directories, etc. And that'll only improve over time :)

But for now it should be fixed! Worked for me and looks good