Archived Ingame Map Ideas

brutus

In the future when you guys can add maps to the game, you should add a pencil or pen or something to mark certain points on the map. say i found a cave and i wanted to mark it on the map, with a pencil i could mark it down so that when i wanted to go back i could.

Kai Kratz

Witch Doctor
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
brutus said:
In the future when you guys can add maps to the game, you should add a pencil or pen or something to mark certain points on the map. say i found a cave and i wanted to mark it on the map, with a pencil i could mark it down so that when i wanted to go back i could.
That's a very nice idea!

metouto

Contributor
Art
I am on my laptop so I don't have the game running right now.....

but if memory serves me there are coordinates on the screen if you have press the "F3" key and those tell where the player is located in the map at any given time....

if I was in front of a cave and i wanted to mark it to return to it then why not allow me to input those coordinates someplace to use as a "return to later" checked box ....

maybe in the inventory there could be a box that always shows the player's coordinates with a box to check save and maybe you could build these "return to later" saves up to maybe 5 in number.

You could also use this idea to make it easy to return to your home after you have lost your way while taking a long exploration trip ;)

Immortius

Lead Software Architect
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
For the moment there's the console command

Code:
cmd.teleport(12, 12, 12)
:)

begla

Project Founder and Lead Developer
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
Immortius said:
For the moment there's the console command

Code:
cmd.teleport(12, 12, 12)
:)
That should have been...

Code:
cmd.teleport(42, 42, 42)
How... How could you! :evil:

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I start thinking of a map that's a combination of the map in Minecraft, and the map(s) in The Legend Of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass: The map reveals itself when you're walking around, just like in Minecraft, and you can paint and write on the map just like in the Zelda game.

What about that?:)