Intro Introduction Aditya Jain

Aditya Jain

Hello All,
I am currently a final year undergrad in computer science at LNMIIT, Jaipur (India). I have a deep interest in programming applications for mobiles and have been developing mobile applications for past 3 years on Android. Currently, I'm Google Campus Facilitator where I'm teaching fellow juniors about Android and Data Structures.
I would particularly like to contribute in Mobile Server Management Utility.I have extensive knowledge of core Android principles as well as new paradigms RXJava, Retrofit, MVP architecture, etc. Also, I have a deep interest in researching and implementing emerging UI/UX design principles in Mobile Applications.
Please guide me further to take things forward and get started. Here are links to my LinkedIn and GitHub profile as well as for my portfolio
Please let me know if you have any questions. Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hey there!

I've worked closely with both an Aditya and a Jain at my previous position, so that's a fun bit of nostalgia to remember. I miss those guys :)

For Android you might actually want to check out our side project Destination Sol, which works on Android (and Steam). We have a pending pull request that integrates some of our libraries from Terasology with it - but there are some minor (or major?) problems getting it working on Android due to our library (Gestalt) being compiled with Java 8, using lambdas, which I guess is still tricky. Testing that out a bit and providing feedback if you make some interesting observations would be a huge plus for you landing an eventual GSOC item, whether it ends up related to Terasology, Destination Sol, or a separate utility that could perhaps interface with servers for either one eventually.

@Rostyslav Zatserkovnyi (rzats there on the PR), a GSOC student of ours from last year and mentor for our participation in GCI, is for instance looking at finishing the Gestalt implementation and adding multiplayer as a potential GSOC item. So we might soon have two games that could host similarly configured and managed multiplayer servers.

@Nihal Singh has also been looking at the possibility of improving the Terasology game server's responsiveness to other external actors, like a headless client that would connect to a server just like a player, but then just expose a bunch of interesting options via REST API which is what a mobile utility could consume and interact with.

We also have a World Viewer utility that uses the Terasology engine to preview worlds. But it would be one excellent added piece of functionality to be able to map worlds (maybe eventually for either game) via website or mobile app.

Hopefully that gets you a few things to start looking at! Welcome :)