IRC channel online - bot prepared and joining soon

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
For real-time project collaboration when needed and to better be able to help assist users troubleshoot running Terasology or hitting bugs I've registered an IRC channel on Freenode. I've also registered our project as a group, but that'll take a while to go through. Might take a few days before I can reliably keep the robot online - need to set it up on a 24/7 server, so far I've only tested locally. Finally I expect to get us a "project cloak" (fancy IRC talk for a "tag" to help identify users with a project) soon

Big note: I'm not personally a fan of chitchat - I'm committing to being online in the channel when able, which should be quite frequently, but I'll probably be AFK or busy most the time. I'll respond to stuff when I have a moment, but mainly for actual troubleshooting or project collaboration. In a project like this you can spend 24 hours a day talking about suggestions, but that doesn't get anything implemented :)

All instructions on how to get set up are available here: http://wiki.movingblocks.net/Main/UsingIRC

This ties into a weekly thing I'm trying to set up with another project contributor who I am having help us on the social side of things. Aiming to focus on "what's going on, what's new, what's next" etc on Saturdays and make sure we post updates and stay on top of everything. More on that later.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Now I just need to somehow convince my office to whitelist IRC so I can also lurk in that third of my weekdays ;)