Archived Launch error on AnotherWorld module

manu3d

Contributor
Architecture
I'm getting this message on launch (current develop branch - commit bc3d35). It doesn't seem to affect anything, but I'm testing things with only the core module enabled at this stage. Other modules, i.e. Hunger or Journal, are handled without problems. Upon inspection in intelliJ the AnotherWorld.jar module doesn't seem to be empty. Somehow I seem to remember in previous runs from develop I didn't see this error. I tried to run from previous commits but then I get other errors, seemingly related to project/build issues rather than the code itself. So I can't quite pinpoint where the problem was introduced.

Is it appropriate to report this here? Should I have opened an issue?

Code:
15:32:15.962 [main] ERROR o.t.engine.module.ModuleManager - Invalid module file: modules\AnotherWorld.jar
java.util.zip.ZipException: zip file is empty
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method) ~[na:1.7.0_51]
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:215) ~[na:1.7.0_51]
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:145) ~[na:1.7.0_51]
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:159) ~[na:1.7.0_51]
    at org.terasology.engine.module.ModuleManagerImpl.processModArchive(ModuleManagerImpl.java:348) [classes/:na]
    at org.terasology.engine.module.ModuleManagerImpl.refresh(ModuleManagerImpl.java:306) [classes/:na]
    at org.terasology.engine.module.ModuleManagerImpl.<init>(ModuleManagerImpl.java:136) [classes/:na]
    at org.terasology.engine.module.ModuleManagerImpl.<init>(ModuleManagerImpl.java:101) [classes/:na]
    at org.terasology.engine.TerasologyEngine.initModuleManager(TerasologyEngine.java:366) [classes/:na]
    at org.terasology.engine.TerasologyEngine.initManagers(TerasologyEngine.java:345) [classes/:na]
    at org.terasology.engine.TerasologyEngine.init(TerasologyEngine.java:149) [classes/:na]
    at org.terasology.engine.Terasology.main(Terasology.java:83) [classes/:na]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[na:1.7.0_51]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) ~[na:1.7.0_51]
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[na:1.7.0_51]
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) ~[na:1.7.0_51]
    at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:120) [idea_rt.jar:na]

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Moved the thread to the Support forum and put in a nice prefix :rolleyes: I marked it as a bug as you say it "doesn't seem to affect anything", so no critical error.

Marcin Sciesinski

Code ALL the Ages!
Contributor
World
Architecture
Most likely an error during download of the JAR file, maybe the downloader should be checking the checksum after download?

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Reporting it here is fine, especially since it is likely a development setup issue :)

How did you get the module ? If you used "gradlew fetchModuleAnotherWorld" you should have it in source form where the jar actually gets built in a deeper directory and the game actually should use the source - modules/AnotherWorld.jar sounds more like something that would've resolved as a transitive dependency in binary form (or something that's somehow outdated)

Possibly something is going funny with Gradle or with the game module scanning

When in doubt it is pretty safe to delete everything in /modules except Core and subprojects.gradle then try refetching and finally "gradlew idea" again (if you're using IntelliJ)