Summary: A plugin system for adding randomized ore generation to the world
Current Goal: Debugging and Testing
Curator: Josharias
Screenshots: coming soon
Compatibility: Singleplayer, Multiplayer

Ideas:
  • Altitude based ore generation
  • Variety based on biome
  • A better system of identifying duplicate ores being generated at similar areas of the world
  • Cave wall ore generation
Updated 2014-10-7

Last edited:

Florian

Contributor
Architecture
It would be cool if it were possible to have ore generate mainly in cave walls.

That way palayers don't have to do branch mining to get efficiently to ores. Instead it would encourage them to explore caves.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
It would be cool if it were possible to have ore generate mainly in cave walls.

That way palayers don't have to do branch mining to get efficiently to ores. Instead it would encourage them to explore caves.
In theory you could just configure the generation to encourage creation of caves and ore around the same depth levels, then turn up the frequency of ore. Without having to add complexity by correlating caves and ores you pretty much get the same thing anyway :)

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Sure, if you don't get satisfied by what's in the cave walls. Would be silly to have no ore outside of caves :)

But really, it is entirely up to the world generator for the type of gameplay you want. My personally preference is about the opposite, I want to play a world where I have to staff actual mines with all kinds of creatures to haul out enough ore to be useful. I don't want to mine it myself :D