Overdhose

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
Hi all I saw I was added as a contributor so I'll shortly introduce myself, so you know what to expect.

I'm 36, unemployed atm,ow male if yur into that stuff, yes I like good weather to, and I have some basic programming knowledge. I have some xp from working in a team as a vb programmer before, and was an inhouse C# programmer next to my "helpdesk" function. I wrote a qdc (quality data gathering) program that was well received so I'm pretty good at fetching data and displaying it (applause) I don't have much xp with things like xml tec because well I have a bad tendancy to only learn what I need so I figure a lot of things out omw, I'm what they call an add head so if some day I disappear... well let's say I warned you, but I'll be back... I think

Hope I can contribute a bit to terasology, I'm dying to actually play it, so let's finish it already!

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hear hear on finishing it! Everything is right around the corner, I just know it :D

Good to see a post in here from you, I hope you'll stick around! Welcome :D

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
I don't really like the introduction section, so I'll do this here.

Hi all,
My name is david. I'm 36 and always loved games. My dream in life was becoming a game develloper. Terasology as an open source project has sparked my enthousiasm as a hobbyist programmer with a dream of at least acomplishing one game in his life he could be proud off, regardless of monetary rewards. I'm planning to stick around here for a long time... I only recently found a place to live in real life where I was comfortable, I finally grew some roots, I was a serious rolling stone.

Short as i have been here, this feels like home to so consider me the annoying enthousiastic amateur who will provide you with some motivation by annoying with a looooooooooooooooooot of questions. It will annoy you, but I'll hopefully reward you with a guy who can command minions at his will. I plan to start the pathfinding now, but as I'm an amateur, i will not start from the available code, this is something I'll start on the very roots because I need to grow understanding in the long run to make minions intelligent enough that they are fun to interact with. That is my goal at least for now. I want to see Terasology grow to a full game. But that will mean it will be a lot slower, but moving forward, if you deem my code good enough to have your dev branch depend on it. Regardless, I will do it because I want at least the XP hehe * sharp looks fun, so easy to understand, just annoying to put together and as you seem to have no one else cover that, I'll gladly concentrate on just that.

You're a fun bunch, cheers to the Iron chef and grumpy immortius, I like you man. Keep pointing me to my mistakes if you have time to have a look at my code once and a while.

cheers

I'm David D'hose, Belgian. My nickname originates from playing Zelda and dying with a custom name (which was exclusive to Zelda btw) and said to me : Game Over, DHOSE

Gotta love SQL :p

OMG Miniions

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hah, non-conformist! Luckily I have a fix for that, magic forum post movement with shadow topic left in place power activate! :D So you get the best of both worlds with a forward in the Dev forum ;)

Glad to have you around, you've already got solid code in the main develop branch, and yeah, we need somebody dedicated to make the little fellows run around with some sensibility and purpose :D

And I was wondering about your nick's origin story. Cool :)

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
I know you're always watching Cerv, master of tha cats.

Cats VS Miniions, or our cats against minecrafts :D I need to make sure ours win :p