Archived Problem with startup when using run_macosx.command

qBASHp

I have a problem when I want to startup Terasology. I have a Mac, so I use the run_macosx.command! It opens the Terminal and this will be showed:
Terasology/run_macosx.command ; exit;
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/terasology/game/modes/GameState : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:615)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
logout
Is this a problem with my Pc?
And I can startup the Game double click the Terasology.jar, but it is lagging and it isn't the right way right?
Sorry for bad english, I'm sure I'm not the best ;D

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hi qBASHp ! From the sound of it the first attempt (through run_macosx.command) tries to use a too old version of Java - probably fixable by installing the latest Java 1.7

However, if you can launch it successfully by clicking the jar you must have Java 1.7 somewhere and for some reason launching it that way picks a different Java than using the command. That's weird.

Anyway - I think launching it via Terasology.jar should be fine as well. Works for me just fine too. The lag may just be from your computer? Terasology still isn't super efficient so it can take a pretty good computer to run it without lag :)

Try to install your latest graphics drivers just in case, and make sure there isn't a lot of other stuff eating your memory and CPU :)

Immortius

Lead Software Architect
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
Launching through Terasology.jar won't set the correct memory limits, so you will likely get lag as a result of that.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps