Resolved Problems with newer versions of Terasology

GrzegorJ

Hello to everyone,

I have tested several versions of the game on my computer (Win XP SP3, the newest Java, Athlon 2500+, 2 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT). Of the tested versions, ones up to 313 go all right but 477 and 485 do not start at all. After starting Terasology.exe a window shows up, and some second later it disappears - and this is the end of the game. I have also tried to run TeraEd.exe - in this case only the title bar of the window shows up, and the program hangs. The only way to stop it is to use Task Manager. I have even tested TerasologyLauncherV3, with the same result.

Older versions caused no problems, so I believe there is a bug somewhere in the program which prevents the game from running on my system. I am attaching the log (version 485) in case if it can be helpful for bughunting. The key message may be the following one:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected reply from glCheckFramebufferStatusEXT: 36058

Cheers,
GJ

PS. I have tested 485 version a friend's laptop with Windows 7 and 3 GB RAM, with the same result (i.e. with no results...)
GJ

Attachments

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hello GrzegorJ and thanks for the report!

I suspect this might be from the major 3d wizardry changes begla introduced a little while ago and he may be able to look at it and figure out a fix for this issue. He's been pretty busy lately so it might take a bit of time :)

We may also want to lower the graphic options enabled at the lowest level sometime. Still, even with lower options your system is likely right at the bottom end of the range we expect to be able to support, so can't make any promises :(

But yes, there are some quirks even on newer systems, so there's stuff we can fix for sure, just need to find the time :D

I filed issue 495 on GitHub for you so we don't forget

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Bump - we've potentially fixed this via #495 so I'm tentatively considering this fixed unless it gets re-reported :)