[Sep 28, 2012] Birthday Server Stress Test (IRC / Google Hangouts)

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
In preparation for the birthday event Saturday I'd like to push our server a bit to see how many players it can handle. I felt some initial lag just online solo, but that might be because I'm across the pond in the U.S. or in part from some early wonkiness with Jenkins idling at high CPU.

Another thing to test and get going is a Google Hangout, which we'll try to start up and work out. And maybe we can get the IRC plugin working so death events can be broadcast in #terasology and maybe Gooey can even keep track of who has died or not yet ;)

Event is set to 1 pm US east which should be 7 pm / 19:00 in Germany. It is 11 hours and 11 minutes away as I post this. I'd be happy to see lots of people make it, good time to get your Tekkit + mods working as well, with troubleshooting handy and available.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Note: The minions addon has been disabled as its pathing was causing server crashes :(

If you still have it installed on your client you'll still get the 'M' menu but nothing will happen other than the goofy audio clips playing