Suggested STEAM!

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Already on a list somewhere. The "why not" is more of a readiness level, both at the technical level (our Destination Sol project is on Steam so we're learning some of the technical) and the marketing level (you best release at the right time with solid content or you'll be marked forever) :)

Renato Lopes

Already on a list somewhere. The "why not" is more of a readiness level, both at the technical level (our Destination Sol project is on Steam so we're learning some of the technical) and the marketing level (you best release at the right time with solid content or you'll be marked forever) :)
Well, you could release on early acess, but don't, cause I don't like early acess that much.

But if it gets on steam it will be paid? I mean I got no problem with it, just wanna know.

Renato Lopes

also another question, a guy said that since this is open source the mod support will be better...

...but couldn't that also mean less self-compatible mod? What if some mods change the same code, I'm sure there will be some problems!

I think normal mod support and straight in-source modding, having both compatible is a good idea. Still, I haven't read much about this game or even played it (I doubt my pc can handle it), but it looks awesome!!!!

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Steam will still be free. Maybe we'll eventually come up with some appreciation style DLC or an official user system or something, but that's way out in the future.

Modding is something we've thought about and discussed a lot, and we already have huge improvements in what you can do with little effort vs. something like modding in MC. Suffice to stay it'll be solid and any incompatibilities that try to sneak in will be detected early and dealt with as authors are able to fix :)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
oh yes! Thanks friend!

Now I have another reason to learn java. But java is a bit boring, I mean I like C++ but java is meh
Code is code. The underlying principles and applying the right tool for the job are both more important than the language you use :)