Resolved Terasology doesn't start in linux.

capote

Both using the command "./run_linux.sh" and directly the command "java -jar Terasology.jar" I get the following error:

Code:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/terasology/engine/Terasology : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:643)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:277)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:73)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:212)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:323)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:268)
Could not find the main class: org.terasology.engine.Terasology. Program will exit.

I have installed openjdk-7-jre and other games as Minecraft do work right for me. The log file contains nothing. I am using a nvidia geforce GT420M with the propierty drivers 304, all other games work for me right. I am using a distro called elementaryOS ubuntu-based.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hi @capote ! Just to confirm, you are using a recent copy of the game from our Jenkins, GitHub, or the launcher? Occasionally somebody has shown up after finding a way outdated version of the game on a third party site. I doubt that's it, but checking just in case :)

Next up it is usually ending up running with a Java that's too old, but 51.0 there is Java 7 alright, so that should be fine. Can you try with Java 8, or maybe a different bit count Java (32bit vs 64bit) ?

Finally, are you running a binary (usual download) of the game or running from source? It is strange to see this error from a Java 7, so I'm wondering how it might react if run from source when compiled fresh on your specific system.

Let us know! Would like to figure this out :)

capote

Thank you for yout attention!

Yes, I use a recent and stable version downloaded from your github which was linked by your web, in the "download" space.

I was running from binary, and I tried to compile from source, following the instruction of the readme file, but I got this error after executing the "./gradlew" command:

Code:
FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* Where:
Build file '/home/X/Descargas/TerasologyLauncher-1.4.2/build.gradle' line: 34

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred evaluating root project 'TerasologyLauncher'.
> assert org.gradle.api.JavaVersion.current().isJava7Compatible()
                                    |         |
                                    1.6       false

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debu option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 1 mins 42.761 secs
Maybe isn't openjdk-7-jre compatible and I should run java? Or there is any way to ensure what version I am using? I tried to verify with an "sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jre" that this is the most recient version, so apparently I have it installed. Any other thing I can try? :S

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
No worries! Glad you were able to get it to work! :)

Do send any more questions our way and come help write some code! :D

chessandgo

Contributor
Hunter
For future reference, i find openJDK7 works fine