Question Terasology Launcher Freezes in Linux Mint

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiPerson1

Hi,
Similar to issue #360, when I try to download the latest release of Terasology using the launcher, the launcher freezes, and the terminal log says "There is an error occurred while downloading the game!"
I am running Linux Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, the launcher is version is 3.2.0, and Java 8.
What should I do?
Thanks

Last edited:

PiPerson1

When I tried to run the launcher from source, it said "/home/bill/Downloads/TerasologyLauncher-3.2.0/bundles/linux/run_linux.sh: 3: /home/bill/Downloads/TerasologyLauncher-3.2.0/bundles/linux/run_linux.sh: jre/bin/java: not found"
Here is the log file:

Attachments

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Hi @PiPerson1 :)

I can see a hint for OpenJDK in the log. Since the launcher is using JavaFX, it either needs the Oracle JDK or the addtitional JavaFX libs. For ArchLinux there exists an extra package java-openjfx, but I don't know if there is something similar for Mint.

The launcher freezing while downloading the games sounds odd. Did you try it just once or did this happen multiple times. Would be nice to also get the logs for that attempt, if possible.

silkscale

Are there any interesting bits in the log file? And is a mime handler set for opening directories? Anyways, there should be a way to prevent the freezing even when the folder cannot be opened...

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
@silkscale that's some interesting questions - although the initial bug report is pretty old by now We're shipping the launcher with a bundled JRE now, which should solve a bunch of problems. I'll close this thread for this matter, but you're welcome to check out the launcher development or join us on Discord for some dev talk or fun times playing the game together

Status
Not open for further replies.