Resolved terasology server crash issue with log file.

This is the log for all devs to download, this relates to a headless server.

The crash appears to be caused with cutting trees.

The steps i took leading to the crash as follows

1: Follow the steps used to get resources in the journal to make an axe.
2: craft an axe following the journal crafting guide on the first day of spring.
3: Try and cut a tree down.

This should cause a crash.

Attachments

Last edited:

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
For those wondering this is the headless server we've been testing on IRC the last couple days :)

The very end of the log has 4 access violations, after which the server stops - no more logging

Code:
20:14:24.309 [main] INFO  o.terasology.spawning.SpawnerSystem - Count of valid (also have a Location) Spawner entities: 0
20:14:24.734 [main] INFO  o.t.w.b.internal.BlockManagerImpl - Registered BlockFamily[WoodAndStone:MapleLog]
20:14:24.736 [main] INFO  o.t.w.b.internal.BlockManagerImpl - Registered Block WoodAndStone:MapleLog with id 1159
20:14:24.738 [main] INFO  o.t.n.internal.NetworkSystemImpl - Component class org.terasology.entitySystem.entity.internal.EntityInfoComponent removed from EntityRef{id = 1698201, netId = 1641, prefab = 'PlantPack:MapleTrunk'}
20:14:24.738 [main] INFO  o.t.n.internal.NetworkSystemImpl - Component class org.terasology.logic.health.HealthComponent removed from EntityRef{id = 1698201, netId = 1641}
20:14:24.740 [main] ERROR o.t.module.sandbox.ModuleClassLoader - Denied access to class (not allowed with this module's permissions): com.google.common.hash.HashCode
20:14:24.745 [main] ERROR o.t.module.sandbox.ModuleClassLoader - Denied access to class (not allowed with this module's permissions): com.google.common.hash.HashCode$BytesHashCode
20:14:24.747 [main] ERROR o.t.module.sandbox.ModuleClassLoader - Denied access to class (not allowed with this module's permissions): java.io.Serializable
20:14:24.751 [main] ERROR o.t.module.sandbox.ModuleClassLoader - Denied access to class (not allowed with this module's permissions): java.io.Serializable
There are a fair amount of modules enabled on the server, including TTA. Lots of unavailable chunk warnings in the full log.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Thanks for the fixes @Florian :)

Both are merged now and I've tested around some with a headless server running TtA. With both fixes in place I didn't crash with the steps above, and didn't notice the errors (wasn't really looking though). Although I couldn't actually test it fully the first time due to the update I posted here - the quantum botany made me able to destroy bottom-trunk saplings rather than chop down trees. But after restarting the server (my player identity and op power stayed intact, yay!) I got trunks instead and was able to chop down trees left and right happily.

@Christopher Jose - feel free to retest! Engine source + updated WoodAndStone jar