The Gr0k

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I finally saw that first version from home late yesterday - looks like some sort of evil rock murloc :D

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
gimme a sword and I'll go out bashing them :p

metouto

Contributor
Art
Both of those look like fellows I went to school with :eek:

overdhose

Contributor
Design
World
GUI
it's dangerous to go alone, take this
Code:
    ^
   ||
   ||
   ||
 ==  ==
    U

THis could be a good agressive type of creature, but to fit in the game, it maybe should be a block, but having a creature that's round is unique and could be awesome.

dei

Java Priest
Contributor
Design
Art
Perfect, reminds me of the creatures in the movie "langoliers". Could be a setting of a mod too (abandoned airport, all humans have been eaten by these monsters, you have to survive and find the way back to your home dimension through a portal in the mountains).

Having no legs I suppose it has to fly like the langoliers...?

B!0HAX

Contributor
World
Langoliers!!!
I watched that film when I was a kid on tv, without knowing its name.
You just made me flashback :]

Original Idea of this monster:
Well the intention of making this monster was actually based on a sketch* that i haven't scanned.
(the one I first posted doesn't look as much as it was intended, but its the result of testing blender)
In that sketch* it had 2 legs and and a tail (the spike mohawk would end in the tail).
They have no arms... Scavenger / Group Hunter
run, bite and jump on you fiercely...
Monster thought for attacking in groups, they will run and call for more if they see they are going to die.

In proportions they are actually small (thus their like to hunt in groups),

I stopped in the face due to animations not being supported atm, so making the rest of the body maybe was useless.
I haven't used blender much since, but it would be nice making a bone-structure (legs and tail) to give a realistic animation (general movement, attack, get hurt, death, etc...)
This model idea will evolve more...
Someday I will continue to work on this creature (and I don't care to share the blender file if someone wishes to contrib.)
Would be really happy to see them in-game. (mod or whatever...)
*Eagerly waiting for the day to encounter this creatures and battle them with my tactics* :]

After showing a friend, he commented that their anatomy is similar to the \/\/arhammer squig:
(This is the WHConcept):