Contributor The interest is real.

zeokav

Contributor
  • Name: "Saket 'zeokav' Singh"
  • Social: Github: github.com/zeokav
  • Skills / Tools: I've been coding for about 6 years now and I have an idea about a lot of programming languages - java, c++, python being some of them. Been working on a virtual reality project on Unity lately, and have modelled on Blender (3D modelling is not my primary domain though).
  • Found via: I was looking for an open source project that involves game development. I heard about the name mainly through the GSoC organizations page!
  • Interests: I would like to contribute to this project because I have always had intense love for games and by contributing, I'm sure I'll learn more about how game development projects work, and obviously, I'll send some PRs in return :D
  • Extra: The whole project looks intimidating and light at the same time. Let's see what I can do. I have finally started my open source journey and it's exciting!

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Welcome to the project @zeokav ! Take it one step at a time, get up and running from source, then check that you can add a block, switch some logging, or something otherwise simple. Then start looking at the bite-sized issues on GitHub, that'll help get you used to the project, be great prep for later GSOC participation if you're interested, and with 4 PRs will even get you a free shirt from DigitalOcean for Hacktoberfest :)

Feel free to ask any questions you may come up with. Staying in contact is important, it is easy to get intimidated and discouraged alone, but we're here for you if needed!

zeokav

Contributor
Yes! I will start working on it soon.
I'm already done with the 4 PRs for Hacktoberfest, btw. :D

Thanks for the support! I'll see what I can do. :)