WIP [TtA] Throughout the Ages - General Art Discussion

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
I think this thread is long overdue, so here we go. I want to discuss all art related stuff in this thread instead of Tech Tree thread.

First thing to start off - seed bag icons! Marcin Sciesinski is planning to use a basic pouch texture and programmatically overlay it with specific seed icons. Here is a first version of the bag, together with overlayed icons in size 32x32 (scaled 1/2) and 24x24 (scaled 3/8).

seed_pouch.png

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Second request was for "tilled earth", here's my modifiaction of the default dirt texture (for comparison there is a 3x3 area of tilled earth in the middle, surrounded by plain dirt):​
tilled_earth.png
tilled_earth_2.png

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Good stuff, keep it coming!

You did the bucket one, right? The screenie I saw with it gave me an instant flashback to the dye buckets from Ultima Online, many good memories, not a bad reference to have! Showed it to a friend with a vague "catch the reference!" and he immediately asked if it was the dye bucket from UO, hehe. Any inspiration from there or just a happy coincidence? :)

As I pointed out on IRC we're going to have to take it one step further and actually build functionality to dye stuff, maybe using plant breeding to create rare colors ;)

... of course we need actual stuff to dye first, heh :whistle:

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Cervator: It's just a lucky coincidence, but I did take some looks on existing wooden buckets ;) They probably all root down to UO in the end :p