Archived Voxel Art

Icarus-TeraGo

I have an idea,concept arts could be replaced with the thing I called "Voxel Art"..

How it works?

Voxel art will work in a device called Slab6(Cervator may invent another software).All you have to do is plan the one you are thinking to create(i.e. Space Shuttle,etc),then go to Slab6.You have to be careful,I have done this one twice and I made a Cake.:)
It is really easy and it is fun,but patience is the key to making a perfect Voxel Art.

Example: http://imgur.com/SZ1Xh by Icarus-TeraGo

If thread is in the wrong forum,please kindly move it or pm me :)

Icarus-TeraGo

You guys should build a software similar to Ken Silverman's Slab6.Modding will be more easier if you build a software like Slab6 :)

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Moved over to Suggestions and merged - Slab6 sounds like a useful editor for Ace of Spades, but seems pretty specific to that game. We usually use Gimp, Paint.NET, or Blender so far, and don't have a super solid model/creature/object process just yet - but we'll come up with something later. I don't know if Slab6 holds any potential, but if anybody wants to try it out for art feel free :)

dei

Java Priest
Contributor
Design
Art
Thanks for the hint! Its probably a good reference for implementing our own inGame editor. Could 'steal' some ideas of it. Tried to make something "blocky" using blender too (For the gelatinous cube banner), but its rather difficult to match the cube's faces so it looks good. So our planned ingame editor would help for our outOfGame art too.