Intro Want to be developer

pruteanu

hi i want to be a developer ! i have 2 years exeperience in unity3d 1 year modeling in blender and another year texturing ! i want to help at terasology

• Name: _Pruteanu Alexandru
  • Social: _Your GitHub, IRC, etc if other than your forum nick. Also Twitter, FB, G+ etc in case you'd like to post them. If posted we might try to tag you when posting relevant stuff_
  • Skills / Tools: _Worked in blender (modeling) in unity3d and in photoshop (texturing
  • Found via: _Searching on internet
  • Interests: _Usually i work in team i like to help each other and to have fun I really want to work at texturing if there any chance to go work as texturer if not i will work at modeling but i really want to work at texturing my speciality its RETEXTURING if a texture looks bad i can re texture it
  • Extra: _Any additional information you'd like to share_Nah! have a good day

Last edited:

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hi @pruteanu - I moved your thread to the contributor intro forum.

Please take a look at this thread and update your post with some more information about yourself? Like where are you from? There are also some steps in that thread to help you get up and running from source, which would be a good first step.

You can do models without running from source, but it helps a lot to be able to test.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Thanks for the extra details!

Take a look at https://github.com/MovingBlocks/Terasology/milestones/Light & Shadow Extras and http://forum.terasology.org/threads/las-light-and-shadow-art-discussion.762/

Those issues on GitHub are mostly about art assets for Light & Shadow, some of which we still need. @glasz has done most of them and we have a lot of the models in-game when you start with the "Light & Shadow" gameplay template. You can place the two spawner blocks (red and black) to see them in-game.

However, some of the black team are still just placeholders, where the texturing isn't complete. Maybe that's something you could look at helping with? :)

It probably would also be helpful to set up to run from source, take a look at the Dev Setup page in the GitHub wiki

Let me know if you have any questions :)

pruteanu

i took a look ! it looks great ! but can you give me a texture that isnt good or isnt looking very good ? because i want to re-texture it ! contact me at Skype: alex.pruteanau (from romania)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Well, the black team models with placeholder textures need to be retextured as per the concept art in the L&S thread. Currently they're just color-inversed versions of the red team

Some might also need model tweaks, I don't know off-hand exactly how up to date the different assets are.

There are also some very basic new block texture tasks, like banner blocks.

That's the tricky bit with open source - you usually have to do some of the footwork yourself in figuring things out. Rarely does anybody have enough spare time to tell you exactly what's needed, or they'd have time to do it themselves :)

manu3d

Contributor
Architecture
Hi @pruteanu!

You mentioned about retexturing! It turns out there's something that needs fixing in the skysphere and it's just a matter of fixing a texture. Right not terasology has TWO suns, as detailed in issue #693. The orange/reddish one is an artifact of the texture sky90.png, which has a bright orange blurry streak in its upper part. Can you fix the texture by painting that orange area out and reconstructing the underlying sky? How to do it is up to you, but I imagine it will involve a bit of cloning from the opposite side of the texture. Also, make sure to verify you do not introduce any new artifacts by brightening the picture temporarily. The image is very dark, but once is blown up to sky-size even small artifacts might become visible.

Can you do it? I do realize is not a particularly exciting task...