Why .... Does it not work now

metouto

Contributor
Art
Ok ... it is getting frustrating to me ....

It worked fine yesterday but to day this is what I get :?

Skarath

when i checked the post it showed me the pic is said (minipic cant load or the pic was removed)
so i was talking about that epic fail on my part

metouto

Contributor
Art
When I come this morning to see if there was an answer to my question the picture had been taken away :? I have edited and posted it again in my 1st post .....

Skarath said:
is this your own pic or vid or from someone else
is it all the pic or just the one if its just the one than it might be removed
if its all there can be several reasons like a cookie might have bin removed from your pc ect ect
greetings skarath

Sorry Skarath I am not understanding what you are asking me here :?

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Metouto - could you try running this command to validate your local JRE? Copy paste this into a command prompt and copy paste the output back here:

java -version

It may be that the version you've got locally has ended up expecting the JRE in a particular spot, but I'm not in a good place right now to check the code / config as I'm stuck in Charlotte's airport - been here for 11 hours so far, fallback flight in another 13, yay spoke-and-wheel airline structure, I didn't need that money I had to spend on the hotel, food, etc anyway.... :)

metouto

Contributor
Art
Cervator said:
been here for 11 hours so far, fallback flight in another 13,
:eek: :shock: :roll: not my idea of a fun time

Cervator said:
Copy paste this into a command prompt .....
What command prompt are we talking about here Cervator ????

I am using vista so are we saying to click on "start" then past into search programs & files ???? If you are here is what I get...

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Normally you can just enter "cmd" into that text box, then enter the command in the resulting (black background) command prompt window. That way you can also copy paste the output back easily (tho you may have to enable "Quick Edit" under properties for the window)

metouto

Contributor
Art
Cervator , I went to start .... cmd .... got the black box ... pasted java -version

and this is what it said back....

Error: could not open 'K:\Blockmanai Setup\Java\jre7\lib\amd64\jvm.cfg'

hope that is what you wanted :?

Edited ... 01/02/2012 8:30pm ..... it is working again .... I did not document what I download but will go back and see if I can find out but it is working

The 2 programs that I downloaded and put in the file along with this program were

1) JDK-7u2windows-x64

2) JME3-SDK-Beta-Windows

Now, I believe that it is the first one that let the program work again ... but it is beyond me why or how ... :unsure:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
That was the output I was looking for, yep! Somehow the Java install on your system got to thinking it should be looking at that path (is it a valid path on your machine? Do you have a K drive?) and it wasn't satisfied with what it found

Reinstalling Java was the exactly correct step as that tends to update any outdated references like that.

The alternative would be a hard coded path in the game download or so, in which case the java -version would've come back with something like this (example on my machine):

Code:
C:\Users\Cervator>java -version
java version "1.6.0_23"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_23-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 19.0-b09, mixed mode)
So that's how we diagnose - bad command output = problem on your system, good command output = (probably) problem within the game on your machine (which may come from within the code)

Good to hear you managed to fix it!

metouto

Contributor
Art
Yes Cervator, it is a valid path on my machine.

The K drive is a portable drive so I can go from table top computer to laptop computer or the other way around.

My only problem is that Blockmania does not work on the laptop at this time ...http://board.movingblocks.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=88

PS How was your plane ride home and your 13 hr (?) layover :roll:

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Heh, it turned to 24 hours before we got back on a plane. Ugh ;)

After actually getting on a plane it was fine!

You generally don't want to install Java or other programs that end up expecting certain paths to remain the same on portable drives. That might contribute to your issues - tho not the graphical one on the laptop. I hit a similar issue on mine, and these are OpenGL / LWJGL issues we need to figure out at some point. They can be tricky though.