World Seed

metouto

Contributor
Art
:?: Could a person sent another person a world seed and let them see what they have done :?: .... reason I am asking is that I would like to send wookdspeople the world seed where I have just finished my house :D and let her shot a video (if she would be willing to do this for me ;) if she has the time ;) ) of it and post it up for all to see ... I think this is better than just plain screen shots.

:idea: Maybe it would be nice to even do both???? :idea:

begla

Project Founder and Lead Developer
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics
The world seed solely defines the pure and unchanged world deterministically. You'll have to send your whole world to Woodspeople if you like to share your creations with her. Maybe it is not too large to send per e-mail? :?: :idea:

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
After Kai's chunk storage optimizations the saved worlds are down to a manageable size, just a few MB last I checked. It should be fairly doable to zip up the SAVED_WORLDS directory and put that online somewhere :)

It may be important to note what build # the world is from.

metouto

Contributor
Art
Just thinking .... we could have a community level .... where each person builds something into the level and then passes it to someone else to add to .... then the last person on the list could run a video or post pictures of it .... :)

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
metouto said:
Just thinking .... we could have a community level .... where each person builds something into the level and then passes it to someone else to add to .... then the last person on the list could run a video or post pictures of it .... :)
Yep! That's sometimes known as a "bloodline" or "dynasty" game where you pass a save around every so often. It's a big thing in DF games, since it is single player :)