Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Edit: Made a milestone with related issues on GitHub
I got Adeon set up to help us upgrade our Xenforo here to version 1.3 or higher - many thanks!
As part of the upgrade I did an addon review and wanted to put the details here just for reference. Sub bullets for addons we might want to get rid off:
- Tag me - provides the @ based user (and group!) tagging.
- TAC anti-spam collection - protects us from evil robots
- Tapatalk - mobile enhancements for the Tapatalk mobile app
- XenPorta - the portal "wrapper" around the forum (news blog, various content boxes, etc). I'm not sure how much XF itself has caught up feature-wise to this addon.
- Nodes as tabs - allows for custom tabs at the top that leads to nodes
- XenAtendo - calendar/event setup
- XenCarta- light-weight wiki, but somewhat awkward and feature poor
- Dubious on this one, and we're not using it. We should probably discontinue it and if we need collaborative editing we can use a different tool
- XenUtiles - assorted utilities for the XenPorta set,
- Explicitly discontinued and not available for XF 1.2 and above. We should uninstall it before upgrading base XF
- Spoiler - minimal addon that adds the spoiler tag.
- Fairly outdated at this point, may still work, or may have been rendered obsolete by native XF or other addons (unsure)
- Conversation Manager- this just pretties up conversations a bit like adding what users are in a convo.
- Looks like this was added in native XF 1.2 so we probably can retire this
- XenHabla - the "Chat" tab for IRC. Doesn't seem to have been updated for ages, might still work?
- Post Ratings - premium plugin I purchased, adds the little post ratings rather than basic XF "Like"
- Donation Manager - premium plugin begla purchased, adds the donation options to the site.
- Flexile theme - forgot this one first time through as it doesn't count as an addon in the manager, as it is a theme. Possible problem: Noted compatibilities issues with XenPorta as that author doesn't play well with others
- Halamix2 suggested BbCodes and Button Manager - this does include a replacement spoiler tag but it differs (spoilerbb instead of spoiler). Also offers LaTeX which I think Skaldarnar asked for at some point - nerd!
- We need something for social network integration - we currently have FB and Twitter, although Twitter seems broken (or is that just me?). Maybe this is just a template tweak somewhere with social widgets copy pasted in. Should add at least G+ and Reddit, maybe others?
- Maybe we should add some more trophies and start handing those out. Probably mostly a humorous thing, like throwing a "janitor" trophy at poor Mike Kienenberger
- There are more OAuth options in the newer Xenforo, maybe we should enable some (login with Google/Steam/Twitter/etc)
- We could add more rating icons, there are even entire addons that add more