Intro Boas a todos! (Hello everybody!)

coegho

• Name: Coegho
  • Social: https://github.com/coegho
  • From: Galiza (northwest of Iberian Peninsula, in the state known as Spain)
  • Skills / Tools: I am currently studying Computer Engineering, but I have a technician degree on Development of Applications: I already know C, Java, PHP, and a little of Javascript, C# and Visual Basic. I am not an expert in anything, though. I have used OpenGL before but at a very low level (GLUT practices in college).
  • Found via: A friend told me about this project. I became interested quickly because, well, it's open source!
  • Interests: I can help the community by developing code and fixing bugs as far as I can, but actually I'm really interested in the social implications of this kind of game. I had a Minecraft server with some friends, and we tried to emulate a realistic world to see how different players organized themselves on towns, nations... (we used the Towny plugin, of course). We even had wars between capitalist and communist nations! (I have a lot of friends on History and Political Sciences degrees, and I like those topics too, that's why!).
  • Extra: My first language is Galician (galego), but I am also native on Spanish and I know English (but I commit a lot of mistakes, sorry for that). In addition, I comprehend Portuguese and a little French. I would like to translate this game to galician, and I could help with the spanish translation too!

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Already said welcome in the other thread, but welcome again! Your efforts will be very much appreciated, whether for straight code, social design ideas, or translation :)

I'm personally very interested in larger world simulations myself, and sensible realm-scale PvP. Such a tasty topic.

Neat part of the world you're from! I have played many a round of Crusader Kings with lots of action in that area. Castile didn't know what hit it! :D

coegho

Sir, you have won my respect with that comment. I spent Christmas hooked on the Crusader Kings 2 with my friends.
Glad to help!

coegho

Thank you! I have no free time yet, but I have translated some strings now. I'll translate more strings at the end of the month.

manu3d

Contributor
Architecture
Hi Coegho, welcome aboard!

I just wanted to pop my head in this thread to say that the educational application of this type of game (for children and adult alike) is something I'm interested about, and the social angle you mention is not really that far from it. One of the ideas I'd like to develop in the future for example, is that of creating modules somewhat requiring proper team work, or even well established supply chains to simulate the issues that modern economies face. I'm currently deep into the rendering the portion of the codebase and not likely to come out of it for a long time, but do keep me in mind for the future.

Ciao!

Manu

coegho

That would be really cool. On the other hand, these days I was thinking about some type of NPC which could create complex societies, with social norms and individual skills... Just an early idea, I must mature it a little more. But I really like the educational functions that this game could have. I like that somebody is thinking about this.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Yep the NPC society idea is strong around these parts. Back when I was able to find time to actually code occasionally I was working on some very primitive behavior where a portal spawning gelatinous cubes (back when they still worked) would eventually have one of them become a queen, which then started spawning more cubes, and so on. Next step was coding a queen + retinue to travel to a distant point when there were too many queens, then starting a new colony and so on.

It isn't actually very hard to do, it just takes time :)

coegho

Eh! My account in http://translate.terasology.org just disappeared. I cannot log, and it says that my mail address is not registered. What's the problem?

EDIT: I logged with GitHub, it was a little strange. Have you made changes on the website?

EDIT2: It seems that I only made 2 translations now. Well, better than not having account...

Last edited:

Halamix2

Contributor
GUI
Hunter
@coegho, it seems that we switched From Weblate v1 to Weblate2 but on Github translations commits will be still marked as yours.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Yeah we updated to a new server :)

Is it inside Weblate you see the stats of only 2 translations? Since it pushes all changes to GitHub and we've merged them there all translation commits should be in place. But yeah it is possible Weblate itself keeps some metadata on what it has seen on this side on top of that.

With the ability to link user accounts to GitHub it is just a quick reconnect to get back on a new server. But we might be resetting some of the stats. Maybe there's a way to keep it better but GitHub may be enough?

coegho

Yes, it seems that it happened to all accounts, the only translations that count are the last translations.