Bug / Issue with Invisible Blocks

SuperSnark

Lore Master
Contributor
Design
Art
Hey guys,

I was building last night and ran into a few issues. I'm not sure if this is the right place to document them; but here they are anyway!

1. When I was using blocks to build, I suddenly got "invisible" blocks. They disappeared from my inventory and I could bump into them, but not see them.

2. When I destroyed blocks, the graphics still showed them as existing, but again, I could fall into holes where they no longer existed.

3. Eventually I exited Terasology and went back in, and found myself sort of "hanging" in space with nothing around me. I could fall off things and take damage, but I couldn't see any visible land.

Are issues normally posted to the wiki instead of here?

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Wow, that's new. Haven't even heard of anything like it before :)

A thread here or maybe more appropriately in "General" is probably best, or an issue submitted on GitHub. Not the wiki at all, that's for longer-term documentation.

I'm not even sure where to start on that issue - but more info would be good, if you can replicate it sometime when able

1) What build
2) Anything in the log?
3) OS + video card?

SuperSnark

Lore Master
Contributor
Design
Art
Where's the build listed?

Win XP
ATI Radeon 4850

Graphics Quality: Nice
Viewing Distance: Far
Field of View: 80

I loaded it up tonight and the graphics are all working, my position in the world was correct; but a portion of my building wasn't saved. Kinda weird.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Come to think of it, I don't think the build is shown anywhere locally. It is usually embedded in the link in Jenkins you pulled the download from, tho if you used "latest" that might not show there either.

We did have an issue a while back where some actions in the world (lots of railgunning, for instance) could cause some of the faces of a few blocks here and there to not render, so you could see through the world, even without no-clip enabled. Maybe it is just an occasional quirk?

Immortius

Lead Software Architect
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
Sounds to me like the chunk generation threads had crashed, but without the log I'm not sure why.