Implementation Cities

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Very nice! Now we just need a bell and a rope inside you can interact with to play a bell sound :D

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Bump - I finally moved this thread to the Incubator where it really belongs - isn't really a proposal anymore! :D

msteiger - feel free to add the incubator header to the first post. If there are any unrelated concepts you feel do not belong here go ahead and extract them to other threads :)

Keep up the good work!

msteiger

Contributor
World
Architecture
Logistics
Disclaimer: this is not more than a mere preview - quite a few things (roads for example) do not yet respect blocked terrain.

I'm pretty sure that there's something wrong with the reflections on the water surface. Should I file a bug or is this already known?

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Currently full reflections are only enabled at the "natural" sea level in the Perlin worlds as I guess they have to recalculate for every y coordinate :(

Although there appear to be multiple reflection settings now, I'm not sure how they differ - begla would know!

msteiger

Contributor
World
Architecture
Logistics
Lakes (at least those that are completely within one sector) can now be properly identified:

The shape boundaries are simplified without loss of quality / information.
Note: there's a separate thread "Contour Tracing" in the "Developer Portal" on that topic.

msteiger

Contributor
World
Architecture
Logistics
This is again just a preview:

The idea is to allow the user to configure the world generation. It is therefore not limited to the Cities module.
Some important aspects (persistent storage!) still need to be implemented, but we'll be getting there eventually ..

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Is it possible/supported by NUI to have two sliders on one line? Such that you can combine Min/Max Cities, Min/Max Size...

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps

msteiger

Contributor
World
Architecture
Logistics
New housings, yay!

The "new" thing here is that they are not rectangular, which required some additions to the rasterizer ..

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Nice! By the way reading this reminded me that we did get support for double sliders added, are you taking advantage of that yet in the config?

Also, it might be an idea to use stair shaped blocks for roofs sometime, if you want slightly less blocky roofs. Could probably add a corner stair shape too. Although it would be more work picking the right shaped block, I suppose.

Or even, gasp, slopes! :D

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Slope shapes are already defined, including corners.
I know, but we gotta put them to actual use in those roofs! :D

I don't remember a corner staircase, might be one of the few we're missing

msteiger

Contributor
World
Architecture
Logistics
Version 0.6.0 is out now. It supports staircases for town wall tower, a town hall, a storage depot and column decorations such as pillars:

upload_2015-11-22_14-55-38.png
upload_2015-11-22_14-57-45.png
upload_2015-11-22_14-58-26.png

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps