Development methodology and hi students from Porto

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hey @Sk0ut - I replied on the issue but I believe it is obsolete. It affected our old world gen system. I went ahead and closed it but there are plenty of other good issues to work, just need to pick one :)

Good catch on the inconsistency, if not Immortius then @Florian might know as he's behind the new Context stuff.

sceptross

Hello @Cervator :)

First of all, I'd like to thank you for all the help you've been providing us. You've been really, really helpful to us, and if you feel like doing so, I invite you to read the reports we've been writing and give us feedback about them :)

Me and my partner @Sk0ut have taken interest in issue #1568 in Github (https://github.com/MovingBlocks/Terasology/issues/1568). We have some doubts regarding how to do it (namely, the way of unbinding keys) and some suggestions on how to do it. Could you please check it out and give us your opinion on the best way to do it?

Thanks in advance! :)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Still more than happy to help, and I was actually curious how your documentation was coming along. We badly need to improve ours :D

Are you mostly writing docs that relate to your project (examining Terasology) or are there some pieces about how the project works, the development methods etc, that we could put somewhere on our GitHub? What kinds of docs are where?

Several comments on that issue already so good start :)

sceptross

Hello :) Sorry I took so long to answer, we've been working on another project :/

All our docs are in this folder: https://github.com/sceptross/Terasology/tree/esof_documentation/ESOF-docs

The reports we are writing are being made according to the pdf with the class structure we've sent you in the beggining of the year. We've been mostly producing them by checking out Terasology's code, the already existant documentation, Jenkins, by trying out the game, and, of course, with the help you've been providing us in this thread :D

In their current state, I doubt they could be used as documentation for Terasology. However, with some modifications I believe some information can definitely be useful to your Github, specially the Software Architecture report. Just tell us what you think that is useful (with the suggestions that you deem appropriate in order to make it more technically correct, if needed) and we can edit the reports to suit your needs.

Regarding the issue, I've been thinking about the best way to do it considering the several suggestions, and, in my opinion, it all goes down to whether or not the Esc key should be considered as a valid input choice. I've checked some games I have and most seem to actually use the Esc key for unbinding/bind cancelling. However, I still have my reservations on doing it this way, since I don't really like the idea of removing a key from the bindable keys, specially a key that, in some games, is used as the menu key. The suggestion of right clicking on the button seems interesting, but, in my opinion, may get confusing for the user. My favourite approach continues to be the model dialog. Since everyone seems to have a different opinion, perhaps you didn't mind making the choice here? :p

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Use the dialog then, if you don't mind the UI work with a new window. Least confusing yet most flexible option :D

Thanks for the info on the docs, will try to find some time to look around soon. Would be very happy if some of it could be used :)

Francisco Veiga

Hello Servator,
I would like for the project, to add Portuguese Language to the Terasology menus, but im a bit lost in the code. Do you think you can help.
In the future I would like to help with translations into Portuguese, if you need to.
Thanx Francisco

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Heya @Francisco Veiga and thank you :)

You can translate right now without any code tweaking needed: http://translate.terasology.org

You just go there, make an account (usually we just use GitHub OAuth), and look at the different projects.

Currently only the Launcher has Portuguese set up and both its sub-projects are lacking translations so those can be worked. We need to add the language for the CrashReporter and the menu.

Pinging @Halamix2 to help!

Halamix2

Contributor
GUI
Hunter
I see that someone was faster :)
I'll push it to the repo after translating and check for possible errors.