Intro GSoC Introduction

MxV

Hi everybody, my name is Maximiliano Valle, but you can call me just Max or MxV, I'm from Argentina. I came here from the GSoC event but it is maybe a bit late, anyway I like the project and I'm interested to contribute on it anyway. I'm on a Computer Science career at the "Universidad Nacional de Rosario" University.

I'm very experienced in C, C++, Pascal, php, HTML (including HTML5), CSS (including CSS3) and MySQL and much other stuff. I've experimented some stuff in Java and Python, for anything further I learn very fast, almost in the fly.

I have much free time to spend on this and I like complex algoritms. I worked a long time in a very ambitious 3D engine from scratch for a personal project from which I've learnt a lot.

There are two projects/things I'm most interested to work and contribute in:
  • Port organic growth simulator from python to java, and even extending it
  • Optimizing the rendering engine and enhancing shading system (as a proposal from me)

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Heya @MxV nice to see the intro post and meeting you on IRC a little earlier :)

I hope you were able to at least get a bit of proposal practice in, indeed a bit late to work in a serious effort. Still, you're more than welcome here and I hope you'll be interested in coding along with us with or without GSOC :)

After the deadline we're doing a hackathon for the rest of the weekend, so just hop on IRC when you have time and clone some code!