Intro Hello all! I'd like to help out.

Cosmic Cleric

• Name: "Cosmic Cleric"
  • Social: Github: cosmiccleric
  • Skills / Tools: I've always done 4GL type programming, c++ way back, Visual Basic, PowerBuilder, Java and Java Swing/JavaFX since 2000. Basically a thick-client (not web) business applications developer, these days using Java and Java Swing (earned a Java certification from Sun). I've also done Android development (though no apps on the store yet).
  • Found via: By accident, via Googling. You guys need MOAR! P.R. :)
  • Interests: I've been an active gamer since you had to load games into your computer with a cassette recorder. Enjoy both Minecraft and Dwarf Fortress, always wanted to do some game developing, but always stayed away from it career wise because those kind of devs work insane hours and then get fired when the project is done.
  • Extra:My nickname comes from an old Atari 800 game called 'Star Raiders'. I was also into the tabletop D&D scene then, and whenever in the game the little shuttle would come out of the starbase that I was docked at to heal my craft, I would call it a 'cosmic cleric'.

Looking forward to helping out and contributing. It helps me learn the newer techs like Git and Gradle and IntelliJ (I'm usually an Eclipse guy, or NetBeans for Java Swing stuff).

Last edited:

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Heya, been enjoying discussion on IRC - welcome! And yeah, we keep saying we'll do more P.R. ... tomorrow sometime. Or tomorrow's tomorrow. One of these days!