Hello everyone - looking for Tasks ;)

filth

Contributor
Hi,
im new to this forum and im looking for ways to contribute. Im missing some overlook over the project, so i think in the beginning i will need help finding the right tasks for me.
Im 31 currently working in a Java-Based automotive project. In my spare time i finally want to contribute to a cool gaming project like this.

• Name: Alex 'filth'
  • Social: Github: https://github.com/filthz
  • Skills / Tools: Graduated in computer science. ~8 Years Java, 4 Years PHP. Some basic photoshop skills. I work as professional software develover for T-Systems in germany
  • Found via: german Java forum
  • Interests: Im interested in all backend parts - multiplayer or other algorithms
Im into photography as well a little bit: http://filth666.deviantart.com/

I Hope i can help somehow!
Alex

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Welcome officially! :)

We talked on IRC earlier but I thought I'd put some links here as well

Contributor friend issues on GitHub are one source of easy starter tasks to practice with. In particular anything of immediate use to Light & Shadow - like #596, #544, #592 (this one in particular but it is also more involved - I fear MPratt might be MIA. #564 also relates)

Nice pictures of Iceland by the way! I was lucky enough to be able to pass by earlier this year on my way to visit family in Denmark. Didn't get to leave Reykjavik though - spent the whole time at EVE Fanfest and around town. Hoping to spend a little longer there next time :)

Any interest in AI btw? synopia has prepared us a great pathfinding module and ReleeSquirrel started a nice thread on architecture some time ago. We need to get the foundation in place there and start giving the L&S creatures some logic to use that pathfinding on :geek:

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
Welcome :)
Not a real overlook, but some kind of summary of topics can be found in the Project Overview (general topics) and the Project State (incubator topics, so here you'll find more solid concepts/ready for implementation) threads.