Intro Hello Terasology!

George Juarez

• Name: Jorge (Preferred: George) Juarez
  • Social: Github / Facebook
  • From: USA (3rd year Computer Science student at the University at Albany (SUNY))
  • Skills / Tools: Programming: Java (preferred) , C (also preferred), a bit C++, HTML, Javascript, Eclipse, and a bit of Python.
  • Found via: GSoC
  • Interests: I'm a Minecraft fanatic. It's been one of my most favored games because the game drew me into the sandbox world, and it's UI is one of the simplest for anyone to understand. I like to think that web design and presentation are one of the most important aspects to any game, because it's the first things a gamer sees before they actually play the game. I'm very much interested in your issues dealing with create world/ load game screens presentations. I consider myself to be a medium-level programmer in Java and would love to learn more about the language by helping out in your project. I am a fast and eager learner who will strive their best to be a valuable member of your team. :)
  • Extra: As I said, I love Minecraft (which was why your post on GSoC was the first one that really caught my eye). I also code small projects in my spare time, which are usually too small or too private for me to share on Github.
I would like to work with you on your "Game / saved world / module preview image content" project. I look forward to any questions you might have. Have a nice day!

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Hey @George Juarez and welcome! Good item pick, that one is fairly isolated from other stuff and would indeed be a cool extra to have. It can expand fairly easily into some related extras if time allows as well :)

Go ahead and get set up with the source code then try to find one or two small issues in the contributor friend list on GitHub just to get used to the code some. You then might also want to look at pending PR #2074 which was changing some of the related stuff (how previewing a game works) but got caught up on a technicality. Probably needs to be dusted off a bit then could serve as a step one to start going after this issue.

Let us know here in the forum or on IRC if you run into any problems :)

George Juarez

Will do! I'm really sorry, I've been really caught up on midterms and trying to go home in time for Spring Break, but I will get into it as quickly as I can! :)