Source Hey there, everyone :)

zalarox

Hi there!

• Name: I'm Zalarox, but you can also call me Sid.
  • Social: GitHub, IRC will be the same as my username as well.
  • Skills / Tools:
    I'm a CS major, and I code in Java but I've also extensively worked with Unity the last summer. I'm not an artist, but I made some pretty cool models in Blender and worked with rigging and animating them as well! :)

I've recently been working with Android, mainly an application as a personal project (currently a private repository).

I've worked with some front-end web development as well, but I don't have very much experience in that yet, though I enjoyed it quite a bit.
  • Found via: I come here from the GSOC page.
  • Interests: I love gaming! I've played quite a bit of Minecraft and other sandbox games (ex. Terraria, also Minecraft Pocket Edition for the Android). I've also worked with game engines - namely Unreal and Unity. I did scratch the surface with unreal and made some small projects, but I ended up sticking with Unity since it felt like the right choice for indie games.
  • Extra: I'd love interacting with all of you and I look forward to working as a team! This is my first time participating in GSOC and I'm very happy to have a found a project that I will surely enjoy working on a lot. Feel free to ask questions, I'll try to answer them the best I can.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Welcome to the project @zalarox ! :)

You're a bit late for GSOC with less than two days left to submit a final proposal, but we are happy to learn together in either case. Do you have anything in particular you'd like to work on?

zalarox

Welcome to the project @zalarox ! :)

You're a bit late for GSOC with less than two days left to submit a final proposal, but we are happy to learn together in either case. Do you have anything in particular you'd like to work on?
Hey, yeah haha I've come a little late to the party. I've decided not to submit a proposal for this because it'll take more than this to study the code-base and start working on the project efficiently, so there's no point in working fast to meet deadlines I won't be able to meet. :)

However, I'd love to work in the project nonetheless! I've cloned the repo and got the game running on my local copy - and it seems great so far! I'll start exploring the code and working with modules soon.

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Great! Yeah the time investment vs odds at this point is looking pretty poor, but I'm glad to hear you're interested anyway :)

Let us know if you have any questions or would like any guidance on finding some easy tasks to do!